Thursday, April 9, 2015

Why I stopped praying for a healthy baby


I understand why people do it. Maybe they never have experienced loss or maybe they have and they honestly don’t want to experience it again. No one wants their child to be ill. But what if it is out of your control?

When I read those words, “Doesn’t matter, as long as it’s healthy,” it stirs me up.

Who wants a dog that is sick? Who wants a plant that is almost lifeless? Who wants a sick baby, right?

I do.

I lost my son Aaron due to premature labor and birth. He lived. Oh how he lived.
Aaron means, “strong mountain” and he was just that.
My son. A fighter.

But, sick. Not a “healthy baby”. Fighting every day for his little life. His little lungs trying to gain breath. His body fighting infection.

And I want that sick baby. I want every day I had with him in my womb and in my arms.
And if God should choose to give me another child that isn’t “healthy”, I will want that baby too.
These are my children.
These are little ones that the Father loves so much.

So I stopped praying for a “healthy baby.”
I have seen loss.
And, I have seen life in the midst of loss.
My God takes death and He throws it out on its feet and He brings new life.

No comments:

Post a Comment